Hospitality management is one of the fastest budding careers. Nowadays most of the students are fascinated about hotel management and hospitality. There are many resorts, home stays, hotels and restaurants coming up and there is a huge opportunity for the one who has mastered in this field of hotel management and hospitality. On completion of the course, you can start working on amusement parks, cruise ships, clubs, travel agencies, airlines and event m management companies, etc., as hospitality managers.
Younger generations have a flair for hospitality management, and universities like Babu Banarasi Das (BBD) university helps to fulfil the proficiency for building up their career in the field of the hospitality industry and prepares you to achieve success.
Degree in the subject of hospitality management is also called as hotel management, hotel administration or hotel and tourism management. The graduates in the field of hotel and hospitality management have ample career opportunities.
Few career opportunities are enumerated below:
- Catering manager
- Restaurant manager
- Hotel manager
- Tour manager
- Customer service manager
- Fast food restaurant manager
- Food service manager and much more
- Things you learn in this degree:
- Understanding the working structure and management operation of the industry
- Learn to find out the needs of customers
- Dealing with consumers
- Responding to consumers requirement
- To provide the best service
- Dealing with problems and solving it
- Team work
- Analyzing and preparing documents in spreadsheet and database etc
- Working individually
- Safety and comfort of customers
- Working with team
- Consumer satisfaction
- Leadership quality
- Understanding the basic of accounts
- Coordinating budgets
- Meeting financial goals or targets etc.
On completing the training, you will be able to work with various staffs which include department of culinary, event planner and general administrative operations and much more Following point should be considered while choosing hospitality and hotel management course in any institution:
- The institution should have highly knowledgeable and qualified faculty.
- Library which has books on various topics related to hospitality and hotel management
- Fully equipped kitchen for training purpose
- Exposure to management aspects as well as operational aspects of the various departments in a hotel
- Workshop, seminars and guest lectures
- Bar for cocktail lessons
- Training labs and
- Placement facility
Along with the above points, pay particular care on the below facilities too:
Front office: to understand the concepts of hospitality and operations of hotels.
Training restaurants/ kitchens: to train the students to have experience of working in hotel kitchen and bakery. It includes theoretical and practical knowledge. Practical experience includes: design for layout, customer relationship, greeting guests/ customers, menu, etc
Housekeeping: to learn the concepts of cleanliness and maintenance
Pre requisites and necessary qualification for the course of hospitality and hotel management:
- 10+2 or equivalent
- Few colleges ask for the minimum aggregate of 50 %
- Relaxation regarding eligibility (qualification and reservation) depends on UGC and state government norms.